Friday, June 16, 2017

MAGICAL POEM "UNTITLED"



(I wrote this right after I left two peanut butter cookies as an offering to the spirits. I've been leaving cookies out on a table in my back yard for three days now. In the morning there all gone. They could be birds but I still like the symbology.) 😀😉😁💗

I used to cry because I always thought I was broke. I never once took the time to thank the sun because my soul has always been sun soaked.

Heyokah has always followed me. My people call him Ellegua the divine child. The trickster, the teacher who always taught me to stay wild.

For a time, I was ruled by fear. Imprisoned by my own dark and bitter tears for years. He reminded me, for a time he blinded me so I could see in the darkest places of my being to find the light within me. He told me "You're a Queen within a King, magic you bring to everything! Love, power and courage you will find in me and also, within yourself because a coward you are not designed to be!"

I was built for struggle just as I was built for joy. The eldritch magic that forged me, was tempered by a thousand over a thousand ancestors who dared to survive and bring forth a thousand over a thousand, loves before me.

The daughter of Ra has always kept me well. I have no fear of heaven or hell as she has taught me to weave my realities with spirit, heart and mental spells.

Oyà my spirit mother. Elemental, warrior and gate keeper. She keeps me warm by reminding me of my fire within and making me a light keeper.

She told me long ago: "Pay heed! You may not have what you want but you have what you need." I age slowly, so I can afford to be  patient. Anything which is achieved to quickly will wither just as quickly, the inevitable curse and consequence of speed.

I have food, a roof, warmth and love. I can smile, dance, help others, helping my family and my mother while retaining the grace and favor by all that which is above.

Fear no longer controls my soul. I can stand in the darkest night of the soul and hear the screech owl screech and know, he is there not to incite fear or dread but to protect, inspect and teach. Sharing wisdom and power with the young, from the old.

No comments: