Monday, March 14, 2016

Spiritual Poem... "I AM LIGHT"


"I am light.

It's too easy being dark. I used to be intimately connected to shadow. Endless battles. Burning dim with a black fire that made my heart fallow. I found no matter how seemingly deep the Abyss, I became heartless and shallow.

Bitter and devoid of flavor. All romance I had for the dark began to waiver. In its illusionary profundity, I became so thirsty for more. I began to drink the light from others until finally it occurred to me, why not become the light that I thirst for? The common sense of this notion, no longer sounding like an absurdity.

I am light.

Not like the fluffy cherubs with their rosy cheeks. More like lightening ripping the onyx skies when things are at their worst and life feels bleak. I am the light that blinds and burns demons and shade. The light that blazes from the sun and is reflected on the surface of a well polished blade. I still keep my inner darkness and the hunger for battle but light tempers my appetites, as I now bring light to shadow.

It is a daunting task, to be the sun in the darkest nights of the soul. But the abyss no longer triumphs over me and I no longer am ruled by the fear of the Angel of Oblivion because, I am forever beyond his control.

I am light."- me

No comments: