Thursday, July 20, 2017

I REMEMBER. (POEM ABOUT PAST LIVES.)


POEM ABOUT PAST LIVES...

I remember...

I was a woman once. My silent tears fell on the plains as braves rode away to fight. Enemies came to our camp like theives in the night. They killed the elders, women and children in their sleep and burned our inipi's. I remember dying,  burning while hearing their screams. I can still feel them. My lover was killed in battle so far away. I never told him I loved him. I can still feel his shadow.

I once was a priest in the lands of the pyramids to the east. I was silenced when I spoke of science and the divinity of man. To reveal that GOD was within all men, not just the Pharoah or the wealthy was my sin. At least that's what they told me when they killed me.

I once was a healer. I loved to pick herbs and roots. I healed people's troubled relationships with their personal truths. I banished demons and kept them at bay. I danced with the Moon by night and prayed to the cross by day. But the cross couldn't turn me. I could never renounce my love of life, nature and spirit so they called me a devil worshipper and the servants of the bloodstained cross, burned me. I can still smell my burnt flesh in the air. It smelled like the cooking of meat and  the burning of hair.

I once was a Queen that became Pharoah. Hated because I wasn't a man. I refused to yield power to a man and I chose to rule like a man. So strong was I, that I was accused of trying to become a man. Back then, men feared the power of a woman, so they buried my reign beneath pyramids and sand.

I remember...

Before all these lives I was a watcher. I came to this world and married man's daughter. I taught that man is part of what GOD is, giving hope and the ability to evolve. To my terror, that was considered an error. I was one of many to become demonized for bringing light to the dark places of men's hearts and souls. Bringing light was some how criminalized while the false idea of being born into sin was somehow spiritualized. I was labeled one of the many, fallen light bearers.

I remember.

No comments: