Tuesday, April 8, 2014

LEAVING "EGO" BEHIND...



 If I talk to you about your ego am letting mine shine a just little too brightly? See I’ve been in a 42 year old war with mine and I still try to subdue it daily and nightly. Slightly, wounded by my lack of accomplishments in comparison to the many around me. Though I might be in error, silently, violently  drowning myself in a sea of self-inflicted terror, comparing my trophies or lack thereof to others, when I should be looking forward rather than focusing on that which is behind me. 

Hind sight is twenty twenty, so I’ve heard it said. Regret is the angry child I birthed and fed but now is the time to put it to bed. I know what I have or haven’t done. The dreams I’ve sacrificed for the many, the few or just the one. The roads I’ve walked, following others or the roads I have led. Everything is just a memory, waiting to become one, after you’re dead. 

Titles, possessions, money and power you can never take with you when you’re gone. What matters is what you’ve given and shared, like music that slowly fades away, only leaving you with the echo of the song.

I have fought, I have loved and I have lived furiously and with intense passion. I have given love, life, sanctuary and respite as much as I could and I have always tried to be a bastion. A temple. A fortress. There is still and always will be room for improvement, which always, I seek to do more or less. 

I am not perfect. I am flawed. I seek to improve myself and how I see the world no longer seeking applaud. I cast aside the chains, expectations and obligations of the orthodox, no longer a fraud seeking to become one with a better “me”. In so doing, I honor the truth, the world and if you believe in him, which I do, to become one with GOD.  

To battle the darkness is to battle the self, first. The Ego is forever and will always wish to quench its thirst. To ask you, who you are without your ego, I must ask myself who am I without mine? I am learning, it is through humility that one can slowly become one with the essence of the universe. This is the path I chose in order to find the divine.  

I am learning…

If I talk to you about your ego am letting mine shine a just little too brightly? See I’ve been in a 42 year old war with mine and I still try to subdue it daily and nightly. Slightly, wounded by my lack of accomplishments in comparison to the many around me. Though I might be in error, comparing my trophies or lack thereof, when I should be looking forward rather than focusing on that which is behind me. 


No comments: